Production Engineer27th November 2020
Aish have an opening on the team for a talented Production Engineer familiar with electro-mechanical systems.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract with a strong possibility to develop into a permanent role.
You’ll be leading the transformation of our process & build instructions, applying LEAN and Continuous improvement techniques to enhance manufacturing output, reviewing tooling, actioning NCR’s, working closely with the Design Teams to ensure DFM principles are effective, developing production processes for NPI and much more!
You’ll need the accumulated knowledge and experience to help us complete a step change in our production engineering methods, as we transition from what has been historically successful to the latest, most effective ways of engineering Aish products.
The work you do will contribute towards projects of national importance, providing hardware that is built to the highest standards for the Naval Marine sector.
You’ll be supported by an experienced team who are receptive to new ideas.
Recent production engineering experience working at product level.
Experience of low volume and/or bespoke item engineering.
Familiar with complex electro-mechanical hardware builds.
Windchill PLM experience would be a distinct advantage.
£20 per hour
Some of the reasons people enjoy working for Aish
- Above average L&D Budgets with a focus on role specific learning e.g. support towards chartership plus recognised training programmes ILM/CMI/APM/ACCA/CIPS).
- A culture where excellence is recognised and rewarded.
- Exceptionally strong order book and future projections in a buoyant & resilient sector.
- Fast-paced equity backed business.
- Creative ideas and change are encouraged and supported. Roles at Aish are broad in scope and technically challenging.
- Visible, engaging and accessible Leadership Team, with a tangible track record of internal opportunity and promotion and people development.
- Ex-Forces friendly employer who provide a platform for Service Leavers to utilise their skills.
Perks and benefits
- Cycle to work Scheme
- free tea coffee and refreshments
- spot award financial bonuses
- ample onsite parking
This role is based at our Poole HQ
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter to: Jay Hannen, HR Recruiter at email@example.com or contact Jay via LinkedIn