Junior Electrical Design Engineer27th November 2020
Aish have an opening on the team for a talented Design Engineer with an understanding of Electrical Design.
You’ll be working on multiple projects across the full lifecycle from bids through, design, production, test, manufacture and delivery. There will be a diverse set of challenges from new designs to obsolescence management. To help you navigate the challenges you’ll be supported by a highly experienced mentor that will help you develop. You’ll be collaborating with a multi-discipline Engineering Team, working with mechanical, embedded software and electronic experts, production and manufacturing teams. You’ll also get to interface with bids, projects and purchasing teams as well as client meetings.
Our main software packages are Zuken and Creo, however, your package experience is not important. You’ll need a passion for Electrical Design with ambitions to develop your career focussing on this discipline.
The work you do will contribute towards projects of national importance, providing critical capability to the Defence Naval Marine sector.
Minimum of 1 years Electrical Hardware Design experience or a 1st class degree with a strong focus on Electrical Design modules and projects.
Familiar with Electrical Design CAD packages.
An understanding of designing for EMC, 3 Phase Power Supplies and AC Power distribution.
Some of the reasons people enjoy working for Aish
- Above average L&D Budgets with a focus on role specific learning e.g. support towards chartership plus recognised training programmes ILM/CMI/APM/ACCA/CIPS).
- A culture where excellence is recognised and rewarded.
- Exceptionally strong order book and future projections in a buoyant & resilient sector.
- Fast-paced equity backed business.
- Creative ideas and change are encouraged and supported. Roles at Aish are broad and technically challenging.
- Visible, engaging and accessible Leadership Team, with a tangible track record of internal opportunity and promotion and people development.
Perks and benefits
- Cycle to work Scheme
- free tea coffee and refreshments
- spot award financial bonuses
- ample onsite parking
This role is based at our Poole HQ
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter to: Jay Hannen, HR Recruiter at email@example.com or contact Jay via LinkedIn