Commercial Manager30th November 2020
Aish have an opening on the team for a talented Commercial Manager.
You’ll be leading all commercial activities across Aish ensuring all opportunities for profit generation are maximised, developing and implementing market and business development strategies including identifying new opportunities, creating business proposals and writing bids. You will be responsible for reviewing the terms and conditions of proposals and contracts to ensure risk exposure to the Company is managed and reduced, and also be responsible for the management and introduction of processes to ensure compliance with all applicable export regulations including: UK Export Controls, ITAR and Inward Processing.
The work you do will contribute towards projects of national importance, providing hardware that is built to the highest standards for the Naval Marine sector.
You’ll be supported by an experienced team who are receptive to new ideas.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge required:
- Proven experience as Commercial Manager (or other relevant experience)
- Proven experience in sales and/or marketing, and managing relationships with key clients
- Experience of handling requirements of UK Export Control and ITAR
- Understanding of Contract Law – UK MoD DEFSTANs and US DoD DFARs/FARs preferable
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
- Member of IACCM
- Export Control Courses – DIT/EGAAD
- Defence, maritime & naval commercial management experience
- Experience/knowledge of Commercial/Contract Law
- Commercial financial management, optimising performance and profitability
- Degree level qualification in a complimentary discipline
Some of the reasons people enjoy working for Aish:
- Above average learning & development budgets with a focus on role specific learning e.g. support towards chartership,
- recognised training programmes (ILM/CMI/APM/ACCA/CIPS).
- A culture where excellence is recognised and rewarded.
- Exceptionally strong order book and future projections in a buoyant & resilient sector.
- Fast-paced equity backed business.
- Creative ideas and change are encouraged and supported.
- Roles at Aish are broad in scope and technically challenging.
- Visible, engaging, and accessible Leadership Team.
- Tangible track record of internal opportunity, promotion, and people development.
- Ex-Forces friendly employer who provide a platform for Service Leavers to utilise their skills.
Perks and benefits
- Cycle to work Scheme
- free tea coffee and refreshments
- spot award financial bonuses
- ample onsite parking
This role is based at our Poole HQ
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter to: Jay Hannen, HR Recruiter at email@example.com or contact Jay via LinkedIn