Bid Manager2nd December 2020
The Aish team of highly experienced and successful Bid Managers are ready to welcome a new colleague into the fold.
Your role starts with unravelling complex RFQ’s, breaking them down into tasks and stages, working with internal resources to deliver successful bids.
Once a bid is secured, the Bid Manager will play a key role within their IPT (Integrated Projects Team) supporting the project through a stage-gated engineering/manufacturing process onto installation and through life support.
The role will see you working closely with all functions across the business, notably Programme Managers, Supply Chain, Quality, Business Development, Estimating and Planning Teams.
Throughout the project lifecycle there will be challenges and change requests which will draw on your expertise. You will be servicing a variety of requirements from aftermarket solutions through to seven-figure complex new build projects. The Bids Team work closely with our Business Development Team, supporting and nurturing client relationships.
The role has a wide remit that will keep a career minded Bid Manager challenged and motivated.
Aish are at the beginning of an accelerated growth programme with a solid order book and strong forecasts. If you are a highly competent Bid Manager, we would like to learn more about you and discuss why Aish might be the perfect place for the next stage of your career.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge required:
Minimum of 2 years bids and proposal writing
Recent experience within a Project Engineering organisation
Experience of complex bids / system level products.
Commercially minded, familiar with engineering/manufacturing costs
Defence sector experience would be a distinct advantage
Competitive, commensurate with experience
Some of the reasons people enjoy working for Aish:
- Above average learning & development budgets with a focus on role specific learning e.g. support towards chartership,
- recognised training programmes (ILM/CMI/APM/ACCA/CIPS).
- A culture where excellence is recognised and rewarded.
- Exceptionally strong order book and future projections in a buoyant & resilient sector.
- Fast-paced equity backed business.
- Creative ideas and change are encouraged and supported.
- Roles at Aish are broad in scope and technically challenging.
- Visible, engaging, and accessible Leadership Team.
- Tangible track record of internal opportunity, promotion, and people development.
- Ex-Forces friendly employer who provide a platform for Service Leavers to utilise their skills.
- STEM champions and Next-Gen mentoring opportunities.
Perks and benefits
- Financial Spot Awards, recognising outstanding efforts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working
- Christmas shutdown
- Company awards
- Life assurance cover
- free tea, coffee and refreshments
- ample onsite parking
- Dress down Fridays
This role is based at our Poole HQ
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter to: Jay Hannen, HR Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jay via LinkedIn