Bid Manager –
The key element of this role is to support the Head of Bids in delivering annual orders by successful management of Bids and processing Purchase Orders.
- Plan, lead, organise and control customer RFQ requirements to accurately define all costs and risks involved whilst maximising the Company’s opportunity of securing the contract
- The compilation of tender and bid documents in accordance with company procedures
- Responsible for generating detailed cost models for the tender or bid
- Manage associated risk and opportunities
- Undertake the preparation and execution of Bids within the agreed timescales and in accordance with company procedures
- To liaise and negotiate, in collaboration with the Head of Bids and / or Managing Director and / or Business Development Managers, with customers and suppliers as necessary for the success of the tender or bid
- Process Purchase Orders in accordance with company procedures, risks and objectives are clearly defined
- Comply with all relevant internal policies and processes
- Duties include reading and interpreting Statement of Works, Procurement Specifications, engineering drawings and bill of materials. Generation of accurate labour and material estimates
- Prepare estimates using business system databases, liaising directly with supply chain obtaining compliant supplier quotations
- Enquiry management booking in and out enquiries/quotes
- Liaison with internal stakeholders such as design, operations, manufacturing, quality and programme management functions for tender preparation
- Ensure that all work is carried out in adherence with published KPI’s and company values
- To work outside regular office hours when necessary to ensure deadlines are met
- Travel both within the UK and overseas, including travel/work outside normal office hours as necessary
- Working within the Naval Division, help others become proficient in all departmental processes
- To achieve the specific job objectives that will be agreed between himself and the Head of Bids from time to time.
- To report to management any comments or suggestions which may improve efficiency, safety and costs.
- To carry out any other duties that may be delegated by Head of Bids that is commensurate with the conduct of the company’s business.
This job description is not exhaustive and may be reviewed and amended further to the requirements of the role, the team or the business in general.
Essential skills, experience and knowledge required:
- Proven experience within a complex engineering and projects led business
- Expertise in the delivery of demanding bids and proposals to strict timescales and standards.
- Financial awareness (project finance and budgeting), commercial management (development and negotiation of proposals) and/or estimating experience
- High-level of proposal writing skills.
- NVQ Level 4, i.e., a relevant technical qualification or appropriate experience
- Proven track record of delivering complex bids & tenders
- Ability to lead a Bid Team working in a high-pressure environment to demanding deadlines
- Ability to understand and articulate key market issues, complex product functionality and customer requirements
- Excellent standard of written and verbal communication skills.
- High-level of proficiency across the Microsoft Office suite of applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Good analytical skills, ability to plan, scope and generate complex proposals and bid packages.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Capability to establish credibility and rapport with key business stakeholders
Some of the reasons people enjoy working for Aish:
- Above average learning & development budgets with a focus on role specific learning e.g. support towards chartership and recognised training programmes (ILM/CMI/APM/ACCA/CIPS).
- A culture where excellence is recognised and rewarded.
- Exceptionally strong order book and future projections in a buoyant & resilient sector.
- Fast-paced equity backed business.
- Creative ideas and change are encouraged and supported.
- Roles at Aish are broad in scope and technically challenging.
- Visible, engaging, and accessible Leadership team.
- Tangible track record of internal opportunity, promotion, and people development.
- Ex-Forces friendly employer who provide a platform for Service Leavers to utilise their skills.
- STEM champions and Next-Gen mentoring opportunities.
Perks and benefits:
- Financial Spot Awards, recognising outstanding efforts
- Employee assistance programmes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working
- Christmas shutdown
- Company awards
- Life assurance cover
- free tea, coffee and refreshments
- ample onsite parking
- Dress down Fridays
To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter to: Sally Bennett, HR Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Sally via LinkedIn