For Aish Technologies, social responsibility means more than just being a valued part of the community.
We are also making sure that we operate as a sustainable enterprise, limit our impact on the world’s finite resources, and remain an ethically responsible company.
We are tackling the issue of sustainability in a number of ways:
- Improving waste management: we are committed to recycling as much waste as we possibly can, from metal scrap to plastic cups.
- Reducing carbon footprint: LED lighting, modern air conditioning and condensing heating boilers have all contributed to a major reduction in energy usage.
- Green Business suggestion scheme, which has provided several initiatives to reduce our energy usage.
- Cycle to Work scheme: funded directly by the company and taken up by a number of staff, this has the double advantage of reducing carbon and creating a fitter workforce.
- We are working towards accreditation to ISO 14001.
We engage with Government, Trade Associations & Academia to share Best Practice and Benchmarking.
We work with local schools to help prepare students for work and promote engineering excellence. We operate a traditional apprenticeship scheme, more details here, which has seen many students continue with the company into further employment in a variety of important positions. More details here
We are a signatory to the Aerospace & Defence Industries of Europe Common Industry Standard for Anti-Corruption. This important legislation ensures that companies behave ethically in its dealings with its customers. Aish Technologies is active in partnership with trade associations such as ADS in promoting best practice.